Friday, 28 December 2012
Why study hotel management or culinary courses abroad?
Some of the students want to do better than the others and become high achievers in their chosen career and subsequently their life. Every student wants the best & if they dream big, they look at higher education to enhance their skills & qualifications and what better than a quality education abroad!
Students can go abroad for studying courses in hotel management or Culinary Arts after completing Class 12 or after a Bachelor degree to do a Masters, MBA or specializations in Culinary Arts or Bakery & Pastry Arts.
By studying abroad you have the following positive and favorable points:
* You get a globally recognized world class qualification.
* You get better jobs with your overseas qualifications – employers respect your institution and its graduates.
* You advance your skill base & knowledge with current trends & management skills, resulting in fast tracking your career.
* You can work globally with an international education from developed countries.
* You are more confident, self assured, disciplined and hard working after studying and living abroad independently.
* You can work part time while you are studying aboard, which gives you international work experience, better communication skills and also help pay for a part of your education.
* Your part time work experience looks good on your resume and employers love that – a big plus.
* Some countries allow international students to stay back and work from anything between 1 year to 3 years on completion of their studies. Some countries allow you to extend your work permit and even apply for Permanent residency later. A big plus.
* Even if you decide to leave your host country after 2-3 years of work experience you are a global hospitality specialist and can work successfully in many developed countries & cruise ships at management or chef level. Your salaries will be higher and reflect your added international qualification.
I can think of only one unfavorable, negative point:
Overseas education is quite expensive.
But hey! On the flip side, your investment pays off and you can recover your expense in 2 years time. And then the world is your market.
Graduating Hotel Management students are at cross roads when they come to their final year. Decision time – what should I be doing after ...
Some of the students want to do better than the others and become high achievers in their chosen career and subsequently their life. Ev...
After completing a degree in hotel management in India, a student has a wide variety of opportunities to pursue a post graduate degree ...
Culinary work takes a great deal of dedication, motivation, and passion. It also calls for a comfort with teamwork and openness to trainin...